Monday, June 13, 2011

On the Way to High Line 2




When you set aside plans in favor of letting New York City take the lead you are almost always rewarded with the unexpected. Maybe that's why I'm still crazy in love with this city.

These photos capture a hint of the mood I encountered one recent evening as I walked along the Hudson River toward the newest section of the High Line. I'd expected to find only pretty scenery at Phase 2 of Manhattan's scenic elevated park. Instead, I found yogis, hoop dancers, stargazers, picnickers and more along the way. Meanwhile, sunset created a glowing backdrop for the figures that poplated that New York night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging is a two-way conversation so let's start talking! Please feel free to comment about the blog or share an interesting idea about anything.